- Ph.D. Estonian Literature. Tartu University, Estonia, 2002 Dissertation:
Kuidas kirjutada aega [How to Tell Time] Areas of concentration: 20th Century Estonian Literature, literary theory
- M.A. Estonian Literature. Tartu University, Estonia, 1993 Thesis:
“Vaatepunkt Asta Willmanni romaanis 'Peotäis tuhka, teine mulda'” [“Point of View in Asta Willmann’s
Novel 'One Handful of Ash, Another of Soil'”]
- 2005 - ... Senior researcher. Estonian Literature Museum, Tartu, Estonia
- 1994 - 2004 Researcher. Under and Tuglas Literature Centre, Estonian Academy of Sciences, Tallinn, Estonia
- 1999 - 2001 Lecturer. Program in Literary Theory, Department of Literature and Folklore, Tartu University, Estonia
- 1998 Lecturer. Department of Finno-Ugrian Philology, Turku University, Finland
- 1998 Visiting scholar. Department of Comparative Literature, Helsinki University, Finland
- 1994 - 1998 Lecturer. Program in Estonian Literature, Department of Literature and Folklore, Tartu University, Estonia
- 1996 - 1997 Visiting scholar. Department of English Studies, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland
Grants and projects
- 2016 - 2019 - PUT1218 "National Intimacies and Cultural Imaginaries: Home and Culture in Late Soviet Estonia", Epp Annus, Estonian Literary Museum.
- 2014 - 2019 - IUT22-2 "Formal and Informal Networks of Literature, Based on Sources of Cultural History", Marin Laak, Estonian Literary Museum.
- 2014 - 2018 - EKKM14-318 "Monograafiasari "Heuremata"", Piret Viires, Tallinn University, School of Humanities.
- 2017 - F/5016 "Development of Centre for Estonian Literature and Culture Studies", Piret Viires, Tallinn University, School of Humanities.
- 2013 - 2015 - NSU 2013-2015 "Partnership in the research circle of Nordic Summer University, 2013-2015 Heterologies of the Everyday",
Epp Annus, Estonian Literary Museum.
- 2014 - F/2313 "Establishing Tallinn University Centre for Estonian Literary and Cultural Research", Luule Epner, Tallinn University, Institute of Estonian Language and Culture.
- 2009 - 2013 - EKKM09-114 "Eelretsenseeritava humanitaarteadusliku monograafiasarja ”Heuremata” väljaandmise jätkamine", Piret Viires, Tallinn University, Institute of Estonian Language and Culture.
- 2008 - 2013 - SF0030054s08 "Rhetorical Patterns of Mimesis and Estonian Textual Culture", Virve Sarapik, Estonian Literary Museum.
- 2010 - 2011 - 9421212 "Organizing the annual conference of IAPL (2012)", Epp Annus, Estonian Literary Museum.
- 2005 - 2008 - EKRM05-62 "Eelretsenseeritava humanitaarteadusliku monograafiasarja Heuremata väljaandmine", Piret Viires, University of Tartu, University of Tartu, Faculty of Philosophy.
- 2005 - 2007 - 9430105 "Movements of Thought in the Twentieth Century", Epp Annus, Estonian Literary Museum.
- 2003 - 2007 - SF0242467s03 "Estonia's Identity Narrative: Ideological and Rhetorical Models of Cultural Discourse", Jaan Undusk, Under and Tuglas Literature Centre.
- 2003 - 2007 - SF0032471s03 "The topology and texture of Estonian literature. [Intersemiotic analysis]", Virve Sarapik, Estonian Literary Museum.
- 2005 - 2006 - KM53306 "Researcher scholarship "Estonian national identity", Epp Annus, Estonian Literary Museum.
- 2001 - 2002 - "Time, narrative, and the body", Epp Annus, Estonian Literary Museum.
- 1999 - 2001 - grant no 1668/1999 "Narrativising the national history", Epp Annus, Estonian Literary Museum.
R&D related managerial and administrative work
- 2016 - ... member of the collegium of the journal "Keel ja Kirjandus"
- 2015 - ... associated member of the Research Center for Postcolonial and Posttotalitarian Studies (Univ of Wroclaw)
- 2012 - ... affiliated member of the Postcolonial Studies Initiative (headquarted at Utrech University)
- 2012 - ... member of the collegium of the journal "Tallinna Ülikooli Eesti Keele ja Kultuuri Instituudi toimetised"
- 2004 - ... writer of peer-reviews for journals Keel ja Kirjandus, Studies on Art and Architecture, Methis, Journal of Baltic Studies, Artifact, Studia Philosophica Estonica, Social and Cultural Geography
- 1998 - ... Membership in the following organisations: International Association of Philosophy and Literature; Association for the Advancement of Baltic Studies, Estonian Writer's Union, Association of Estonian Literature
- 2016 - 2018 - member of the research group Appearances of the Political (funded by Nordic Council of Ministers)
- 2016 - 2019 - grantholder of the Estonian Science Foundation grant "National Intimacies and Cultural Imaginaries: Home and Culture in Late Soviet Estonia" (PUT1218)
- 2012 - 2015 - coordinator of the international NSU research group Heterologies of the Everyday (sponsored by Nordic Council of Ministers)
- 2012 - 2012 - host coordinator: annual conference for International Association for Philosophy and Literature "Archeaologies of the Future", Tallinn
- 2005 - 2006 - coordinator for a series of seminars "Philosophy and Literature in the 20th Century"
- 2005 - 2009 - compilation and editing a work of 34 scholars in a collection "20. sajandi mõttevoolud"
- 2005 - 2005 - co-organizer for the XIIIth Nüpli Spring School in June 2005
- 2001 - 2002 - grantholder of Estonian Science Foundation grant "Time, Narrative and the Body" (ETF 4711)
- Estonian: Native speaker
- English: Fluent
- Finnish: Fluent
- German: Near fluency
- Russian: Near fluency
- French: Near fluency
- Also: some formal study and communicative ability in Spanish, Livonian, Italian, and Latin