The Institute is rich in unique collections, databases and corpora, which serve as infrastructure helping create new knowledge. There are physical resources (slip collections, manuscripts, photos, tape recordings), as well as digital resources and language technology software. The resources are available to the public for free via the Center of Estonian Language Resources, META-SHARE, the CLARIN Virtual Language Observatory, and the Institute’s website.
Place names and personal names
- Place Names Database (constantly updated)
- Names of Countries of the World
- Personal Names Database
- Saaremaa Place Names (pdf)
- Hiiumaa Place Names (pdf)
- Corpus of the Institute of the Estonian Language
- Word lists
- Estonian Emotional Speech Corpus
- Valence Corpus
- Speech Synthesis Corpora
- Concordance of Estonian Bible Translations
- Corpus of Estonian CERF-graded Coursebook Texts NEW!
- Corpus Of CERF-graded Coursebook Texts' Sentences NEW!
The Archive and Recorded Sound Library of Estonian Dialects
- The Archive of the Estonian Dialects and Finno-Ugric Languages at the Institute of the Estonian Language (EMSUKA)
- A. Saareste’s Archive of Conceptual Lexis
- Recorded Sound Library (Estonian dialects, close Finno-Ugric languages, recordings from the Estonian diaspora)